I received it from Aljo on 7 May 2014. He has an interesting and fun travel blog. His travel blog will show you the fun part of the Philippines as well 🙂 Thank you Aljo. Salamat!
The rules are: to give 11 facts about myself, answer the nominator’s 11 questions, nominate 11 bloggers, and ask 11 questions to nominees..
11 Facts about me:
1. My favorite author is Ryszard Kapuściński.
2. My favorite TV shows are Silent Witness and Engrenages.
3. I don’t have drinking tolerance; two glasses of wine is more than enough for me, but I can’t resist cocktail drinks.
4. I wear dresses while cycling. Actually, I wear dresses most of the time.
5. I’d prefer to be stuck in a traffic jam rather than waiting for Dutch public transport.
6. I was raised by a Muslim father and a Catholic mother, and they let me choose what I would like to believe in.
7. I used to play softball.
8. I did theater performance on stage couple times.
9. I watched Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain more than five times. Ten times I think.
10. I gave up French language course after finding out how difficult to pronounce French numbers
11. I am collecting snowballs or elephant figures from places I visited.
11 Answers to Aljo’s questions
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
It’s a shorter version of my full name 😉
2. How would you describe your hometown?
Big city, busy, traffic jam, polluted, huge shopping malls, awesome apartments, delicious food, inequality
3. What is the first thing you do when you wake up (opening your eyes and reaching for the alarm clock given)?
Drink water (I have a water bottle next to my bed)
4. What is one thing you wish you can do but can’t?
Teleport from country to country (no more flights, no more visa)
5. If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?
I am not sure – since there is no superhero who can breathe underwater, teleport and do telekinesis altogether..
6. What is your pet peeve?
Racial and ethnicity stereotypes
7. If you can have your own country, what would you name it?
I am afraid this should be decided by consensus in democratic way 🙂
8. And in your own country (based on question number 7), what would it be known for?
Fully protect its nature and marine life; and respect its citizen fundamental human rights.
9. What reality show would you willing to star in?
Man vs. Wild
10. What is your favorite quote, preferably connected to travel?
“Borders I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people” (Thor Heyerdahl, Kon-Tiki)
11. First word that comes to your mind right now? Don’t cheat!
11 Bloggers I nominated
My questions to the nominees:
1. What is your main reason to blog?
2. What/who inspires your blog work most?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
4. What is one skill you’ve always wanted to learn?
5. What is your most memorable trip/travel?
6. How would you describe your hometown?
7. Who is your favorite author or poet?
8. What is your most prized possession?
9. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
10. What are three things you cannot live without?
11. What is your guiltiest pleasure?